Signing up allows you to:
  • View your account balance.
  • Manage your profile.
  • Print statements.
  • Make a deposit.
  • Deactivate your R'Card.
  • Activate your R'Card
  • Change your PIN.
  • And more.
The R’Card is set up with two separate stored value accounts. If you live in the residence halls, you will have a Dining Dollars account which allows you to pay for on-campus food with your student I.D. Students who use Dining Dollars do not have to pay sales tax. Also, Dining Dollars expire each academic year, so you should make sure you use all of your Dining dollars before they run out. Dining Dollars is administered by Dining Services. To check your Dining Dollars balance on this site, go to “Accounts” and click on “Accounts Summary”.

Bear Bucks is a stored value account accessed with your R’Card and administered by the UCR Card Office. It is free with the purchase of a card and there are no account fees. Make prepayments to your account in any amount and use your R’Card to purchase food as well as many other goods and services including books, snacks, and general merchandise both on and off campus. You never loose Bear Bucks – they carry over from one quarter to the next and from year to year. They also never expire unless you graduate and do not request to close your account.
The short answer is "YES". Both accounts are accessed with your R'Card and many students choose to have both (if they live in the residence halls) since they complement each other well. At on campus Dining locations if you have Dining Dollars those will be charged first for your purchase and Bear Bucks charged second. If you have both it is your responsibility to tell the cashier which account you want to use.
NO, since Dining Dollars are administered by Dining Services and Bear Bucks are administered by the UCR Card Office, there is no way to transfer funds from one account to the other.
No cash withdrawals or cash advances are permitted. However, refunds are possible when you officially separate from the university.
No, it is our policy to only release account information to the account holder (the student or employee who has the R'Card and Bear Bucks account). Regardless of the source of the funds, Federal statutes prohibit us from releasing this information unless the student is under 18 years of age or has signed a release form granting access to grades and other restricted information. This release form is available from the Registrar's Office.
If you live in the Residence Halls you will need Bear Bucks to do laundry. It is the only tender accepted. Bear Bucks can also be used as a budgeting tool for your discretionary spending during your stay on campus. Bear Bucks can be used for books in the campus store, copying and printing in the libraries, for food at all Dining points of sale, and at select off-campus merchants. Bear Bucks cannot, however, be used as payment for fees on GROWL or parking permits.
You can check on this site for your balance under “Account Summary” and run a statement by clicking on “Account Statements”. This website retains your R’Card activity for up to 24 months.
If you’ve misplaced your R’Card, it’s recommended that you freeze it immediately. That way you can protect your accounts while you continue looking to find it or before deciding to come in for a replacement. On this website, go to “Card Services” and then click “Deactivate Card.” If you find your R’Card, you will need to return to this website, go to “Card Services” and click “Activate Card”. For lost cards that are returned to our office, card office staff will notify the owner by email that it has been found. Please note: if you replace a card, it becomes your active ID the moment it is printed. In other words, the Card Office is unable to activate a lost card that has been replaced with a newer one.